Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm Gonna Miss This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9XfJxMY8A

Sometimes all I need is to listen to this song to remind me to look for the good in my sittuations. It's crazy - at first when I think about things that I'm going to miss, I think about my future. I know that I will miss the things that I'm looking forward to when they're over, but it takes a lot for me to think about how I'll miss my life right now. I've been counting down the days, weeks, and months for so long now that it's become my total focus - just getting through this season of my life and on to the next. But when I'm honest with myself I'm really going to miss my kids, my boss, my classroom, coming home to my family, not having homework, and countless other little details about this season of my life that I overlook on a daily basis. It shouldn't be about getting through to the next day - it should be about savoring every moment that I have where I am right now, because chances are, I won't be able to relive it.

No comments: