Monday, July 13, 2009

Engagement!!

I know it's been almost 2 months since I last updated but I figured that just in case I have some very dedicated readers, this bit of information is certainly worth posting! Phil and I are engaged!!

Last Tuesday night (7-6-09) Phil and I were hanging out. We had made plans for me to make him dinner and then we were going to watch some episodes of Friends that we just bought on DVD. We ate dinner and had no room for dessert, so we decided that we would take an intermission from Friends to eat dessert. When that time came, Phil kept spilling crumbs all over my comforter -- so I told him to clean it up! He brushed the crumbs onto the floor and I yelled at him. So he got down on the floor to clean up the crumbs, and looked up at me (on one knee) and said, "Elizabeth, will you marry me?" I looked at him and didn't believe that he was really asking, so I asked, "Are you really asking me?" He told me he was, and apparently (according to Phil) I didn't say yes, but nodded my head. Then he pulled out the ring from his laptop case, put it on my shaking hand, and asked, "So, is that a yes?" And I said, "Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!"

We are so happy!!

No comments: