Thursday, April 3, 2008

April Fools!

AAHH!!! What a crazy April Fools' Day this was...


Okay, I need to fill you in on some background information before I dive into this year's April Fools' Day... So last year Ashley, Kelsey, and I decided to play some April Fools' jokes on the boys (Nate and Phil). April Fools' Day last year happened to be on Palm Sunday last year. So on March 31 it was open hours in Miner -- Phil had a concert and Kelsey coned Nate into going to BTs with her. So Ashley and I were free to do our deeds in their rooms!

We covered their shampoo bottles with saran (sp?) wrap, we short-sheeted their beds, we switched Phil's pants with Nate's pants, we hid their mouse balls, and we taped on of their shoes to the bottom of their desks and hid the other shoe. We also left them each a goodie bag on their beds (to make up for what they were about to find in their rooms) with a note on it saying "Do you know what tomorrow is? I do."
There are some funny side stories that go along with last year's pranks, but for the purpose of this post I'll leave those out. Ask me about it if you want to know! All you need to know now, though, is that April Fools' Day ended with them not being able to get us back for our pranks. We won!! But that meant we really had to watch out this year...

Well, Phil didn't retaliate at all this year -- and nobody did anything to him (at least to my knowledge)... but there were happenings between the other four of us...
Nate and Kelsey (who are now dating) were playing some April Fools' jokes through Facebook on their friends -- saying that Nate left Kelsey for another girl and such... well, that gave Ashley the idea to get into Nate's Facebook account (because she had his password) and change things on it... kelsey helped her and I wasn't aware of this until after Nate and Kelsey had agreed that they were done with Facebook pranks. Well, Ashley wasn't in on this agreement so she decided to continue it -- and she got me in on it.

So later that night Phil and I went out on a date and I left my room locked, with specific instructions to my roommate to keep the door locked all night. But she had her own ideas for some pranks that night -- she wanted to break into some of her friends' room, so she decided that it would be a good idea to try to unlock our room door with a bobbypin (practicing breaking into the room...) She managed to break the lock so badly that she had to have Security come and drill the lock in order for her to get back into the room. So now we have a hole in our door that can't lock, it's only like 7 at night, it's open hours, it's April Fools' Day, I'm out of the room, and Stacey had a meeting to go to. Our room was up for grabs. Here's a list of things that happened to us -- what happened to me was mostly done by Nate as a retaliation, but some of the girls on my floor helped him. What was done to Stacey was done by the girls whose room she was practicing to break into (she ended up TPing their door -- a LOT -- I mean layers).
  • My flip flops were hidden in Stacey's drawer
  • My computer background and screen saver were changed
  • My keys were put in a bowl of water (that never got the chance to freeze) in our freezer
  • My bookbag was hidden in my closet
  • Stacey had cereal and ice cubes in her pillowcase, sheets, and pajamas
  • Stacey had hand soap on her toothbrush
  • The letters on our door were turned upside-down
  • Our markers and magnets were stolen
  • There was lotion on the doorknob

It was an interesting night to say the least... (Pictures follow):