Monday, March 16, 2009

Reason #1

I have decided that as a way to like work more and as a way to update my blog more often, I will come up with one thing that I like about work each day. So here's my first: Reason #1 to enjoy work is.... (dum dun dun duuuum)

When I sing a song, I get applauded!

Today I asked my kids what they wanted to sing and one of them told me (as she always does) "ABC!" Another told me her usual choice: "a wow wow" (which, in 20-month-old terms is "Row Row Row Your Boat"). Since we had already sung "a wow wow," we sang ABC's. Or, should I say, I sang ABC's. Usually a few of them join me, but today they got distracted and a few of them even walked away while I was singing. So I felt very alone in what turned out to be my solo alphabet song. But when I was finished, one of my kids said "YAY!" and clapped her hands for me! That's today's reason to love work! I always get applause when I'm finished singing. And I'm sure it's just about the only place that will happen for me. ;)

No comments: