Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reason #2

Yesterday my reason for liking work came by 7:15am!

The way my kids sit in my lap

Yesterday morning Carmen (her name has been changed for confidentiality) reminded me to appreciate the little things when she sat in my lap to hear a story. When my kids give me a book to read, I sit cross-legged on the floor so someone can sit in my lap. Since I only have one lap, there is often some fighting about who gets to sit there... but they have smartened-up lately and now one child will sit in my lap, one on my right knee, and another on my left knee. That only leaves two kids without lap space. It's cute.

Carmen gave me her book and then turned around, stuck her but out, and shuffled her feet backwards until she got to my lap. It's the cutest thing ever!! And she's the cutest when she does it (though all my kids do it to some extent). Then, when it's time to get up, she has to heave herself up two or three times, ricking front and back and front and back, until I give her a little push. Very cute! :)

No comments: