Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Well, it's half-way through the second week of classes... wow! It feels like it's been a lot longer. I have been working my butt of in my classes and with Social Life, and haven't really had all that much of a social life of my own. Oh well. I really need to stay buckled down this semester if I want to truly test out this double-major.

I love my classes!! I wish I didn't have to take gym or intro to dance, though. And I feel inadequate to be in my worldview class. My favorite class is probably the Pentateuch (I've already learned how to spell it! hurray!) I also really like spanish, although I'm in over my head - and will be for another week or so. I'm picking up the language very quickly, though, which is good! My only education course this semester is assessment in inclusive settings, and it has an OPE. I really, really, really, REALLY like my OPE this semester. The only thing is that I have to share :-P with another student -- we have coteachers for second grade -- an inclusive classroom. Second grade is what I've wanted to teach for as long as I can remember -- and I love it!!

The only class that I haven't mentioned yet I think is Philisophical and Ethical Issues. It's a gen-ed -- nothing special. My teacher is really good for that class -- he reminds me of Adam Pitzer, if that gives you an idea of who he is. :) Very knowledgeable about the topic and how to teach it.

There has been so much to do for Social Life!! AAHH!! It really is stressing me out. Roberts Icon is a performance that mimics American Idol -- it's our next event and it's in less than two weeks. Needless to say there has been a lot to do this past week and a half.

Things with the new roomie are good good good!! She and I are both very busy this semester, so we hardly ever see each other, but when we do we tend to have a lot of fun.

I'm going to apply to be a RA!! Woo hoo!! Applications come out on Monday. I don't know when they're due, but I think pretty soon after that. I really need prayer about that -- the application process to be a RA is very rigorous... there's like three different stages. I think 50 people applied last year, and there were only 8 slots available. (that's not nerve-wracking at all!)

I guess that's it for now!

No comments: