Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer Reflections

I can't express in words how wonderful this summer has been. After the first month of looking for a job was over, I have really been able to embrace everything that I have committed to this summer, and as a result I've enjoyed it a LOT!

I know this might sound corny to some people, but it's amazing what a difference it makes in your life to have God working in you. It seems that every time I hand something over to God, He takes care of it, and He watches over me in ways that I never even though of.

Take, for example, working at Childtime this summer. Once I finally gave it up to God and allowed Him to do whatever it was that He was going to do, all I was expecting was to get a minimum wage job that I could keep for the summer and be somewhat okay with. But no, God provided for me a job that will, I believe, eventually turn into a carreer. A job that I have loved so much and cried about leaving on my last day.

I was praying yesterday, and just thanking God for all that He has been doing in my life. I don't know how much I've shared on this blog, but let me just say that this summer I have come to many realizations about where my life is headed, and I like where I'm going. Anyways, I was asking God, "Why have You chosen to bless me so abundantly??" I have friends from broken families, I know of people living in the streets, there are people who don't know the love of Christ, and yet I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams! Why? And then, just as God always answers prayer, He led me to this passage:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

~Jeremiah 29:11-13~

My God is an awesome God! He is the Lord of Lords, and the King of Kings! He is in complete control, whether we know it or not, yet He gives us the free will to decide whether we want to give ourselves over to Him. And when we allow Him to, He will take care of us even more than we could ever dare to ask or hope.

No comments: