Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Apples

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I'd say that it's been busy, but I hate that excuse... especially since the business is what this blog is here to write about! Though it has been busy with classes and all that jazz.

Things here are good. Classes are going well. I've come to the realization that there is a very slim chance that I will be able to stay on the Dean's List for the rest of my time here at Roberts, because of my Spanish classes. But it's okay... that's how I learn... and learning is what college is all about!

Two or so weeks ago some of my roommates went apple picking, did I tell you this yet? Well, they bought two HUGE -- and I mean huge -- bags of JUMBO-SIZED apples!! So, of course, we had to figure out how we could use them... we made the following:
- Homemade Apple Pie (with homemade crust... mmmm!!!)
- Apple Crisp
- Two jars of Apple Butter (if you haven't ever tried it, you need to!)
- Apple Sauce
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie (they bought a pumpkin too)

Plus, of course, we have been eating apples galore for the past two weeks... but they're all gone now. Yesterday Sarah was in the kitchen and she said, "I feel like eating an apple... but they're all gone!" I never thought we would be saying that. I just hope that they don't miss it so much that they go out and do it all over again! But I guess what their plan is for October is to get pumpkins and make everything they can with those.

This weekend is October Break... I have Monday and Tuesday off from school. I'll be going to Ohio with Andrea to visit her grandmother. I'm looking forward to the weekend away, and to getting some down time with Andrea.

Well, I've bored you enough with my life. Until next time!!

No comments: